If there's anything we enjoy at iphonePOV, it's a falling asleep while listening to quiet music on our iPods. Unfortunately, at first glance, the iPhone does not appear to have a sleep timer for its iPod functions, which means no falling asleep to music -- unless you're willing to wake up with a dead battery.
But, it turns out there is a sleep timer for the iPod built into the iPhone, but it's in the 'Clock' interface, not the iPod interface (which we think is very UN-Apple!)
If you want to set up a sleep-timer for your iPhone's iPod, or just want the iPod functions to shut off after a set amount of time, here's how you do it:
- Ener the 'Clock' interface on the Home screen.
- Select the button at the bottom right of the 'Clock' interface labeled 'Timer'
- Set the timer duration using the 2 spinning wheels (wheeeee...)
- In the pop-up list lableled 'When Timer Ends' select 'SLEEP IPOD'
- Push 'Set' in the upper right of the wheel screen.
- Then push 'START' on the timer screen to initiate your timer countdown.
When the timer runs out of time, the iPod music will fade out and your iPhone will lock itself. (This works even if the screen is already off.)